There is a dream world I frequently visit. The world remains relatively as constant as ours, but my location and interactions greatly vary. Here is a list of observations, which may be interpreted as an early attempt to understand the laws of physics within this dream realm. Everything listed is here is observation by Honzi.
- All dreams occur within a infinite horizontal region one kilometer in height. Only memories of events that occur within this region are retained, suggesting that anything above or below is either never remembered or not experienced in any way. Anything located outside of this region is only remembered as a perfectly black void, but region edges are often obscured by roof or cavelike environmental features. Starry skies are still possible, although they tend to be approximated with "painted" stars.
- Dreams generally occur during the night, resulting in levels of light commonly used in various MMO games during night. Light levels never decrease enough to hinder vision.
- Plant life is abundant and would be considered "overgrown" in the waking world, even in locations where plant life would have difficulty thriving.
- Some environments are populated with "static" organisms, which are essentially animated portions of the non-living material environments and generally only serve as environmental details. These organisms are generally never included as a main focus of the dream and frequently are not retained in memory.
- There are no reflective surfaces. Liquid surfaces that would be reflective are rather more transparent than in the waking world.
- The dream self only exists to a certain degree. The dream self seems unable to view its own form in any way, due to the lack of reflective surfaces and nonexistance when attempting to view oneself from first- or third-person perspectives. The dream self does not lose the ability to feel the existance of their body, especially during physical activities during the dream. Waking world memories of dream events often include confusion or inability to recall details about which forms or positions the dream self took, due to an inability to understand the physical sensations of a morphed form.
- Dreams in which the dream self does not play a primary role, the dream self is seldomly noticed. This leads me to believe that the body of the dream self does not have typical human biological processes, weaknesses, and requirements.
- The perspective of the dream self is a combination of a first and third person perspective, giving the dream self improved spatial awareness, even of locations that would be considered obscured in the waking world.
- The dream self has the ability to cull various environmental walls that are facing away from the dream self. The best example of this is viewing a 3D cube from outside the cube while only geometry facing inwards exists and back-face culling is enabled.
- Other dreamers differs from static organisms due to their interactions with the dream self. By frequently becoming involved with the main focuses of the dream and going far beyond typical static organisms, these dreamers are frequently retained in memory. Alleged repeat interactions with these other dreamers potentially means that they are not merely a rare case of a complex static organism, but actually seem to exhibit their own varying degrees of intelligence, sentience, and sapience. Further interaction is required, with attempted lucid dreaming to ask specific questions to determine more information.
- Memories of other dreamers within this dream realm are either modified to have the other dreamer resemble a human or are only retained when dreams include other dreamers of a humanoid shape. It is unknown if this is due to my waking form being a human and their form being made to match mine, if their forms are actually humanoid as well, or if they are able to change their forms.